Work With Spencer
I'm the sidekick, coach, accountability partner, and ass-kicker who helps people get shit done in the world.
I’m an enabler.
Since I was five years old, I've been helping people bring to life what's inside them, waiting to be expressed in the world.
For the last 15 years, I've mostly enabled old, rich, white guys to make more money by emotionally manipulating people to feel bad about their lives and then offering them false hope if they buy our magic pill.
I've been involved in various roles as a founder, consultant, freelancer, and tech CMO, working with 2100+ businesses in 100+ industries. These businesses were often highly profitable because they exploited weaknesses in the human condition.
After a “come to Jesus moment” in 2022, I overhauled who I work with and how, with the goal of enabling others who are building the world that I want to live in.
Today, I live out my personal legend by enabling businesses and teams, mostly in the Employment Economy, to launch, scale, and grow. I bring a candid, system-oriented skill set to the team as a Business Handyman.
Am I any good at business?
Yes. A resounding yes. I have…
- worked with 2100+ business over 15 years in 100+ industries.
- been a founder, consultant, executive, and janitor.
- managed $10M Ad Spends build 100+ websites managed 100+ of staff members.
- worked as the lead consultant in a business growing 200% year over year for three years.
- First successful exit of business at 25 years old.
- Earned a 120-credit bachelor’s degree in 13 months while working full time.
But I’ve got an incentive to bullshit you. So here’s what other humans said.
“You are intelligent and wonderful and fantastic thank you thank you.”
Marina Bassana Neuroscientist
“Your honesty is something that’s unique, rare and admirable."
Breana Baranek CMO Mammoth Media
“Your guidance and help has been tremendously valuable! These past 3 years have been great with you as a trusted business resource.”
Dr. Jeff O'Boyle Founder @ Beyond Primary Care
“You’ve been an incredibly brilliant ray of light at the SBDC and losing you means losing a lot of organizational intelligence. Your value to our clients is huge.”
Kristi Kozubal Attorney SBDC Growth Team Leader
Spencer’s systematic thinking and organized approach benefits from the fun he brings to every meeting and he is able to break down actionable step-by-step processes with ease. Spencer has a wide range of talents and a huge scope for strategy and approach, offering multiple solutions quickly. I'm impressed with Spencer's ability to bring swift transformation and the practical steps for change so quickly - but it's truly his positive attitude and enthusiastic approach that sets his coaching over the edge.”
Danny Santos Corporate Culture Trainer and Shamen
How can we work together?
If you could using an enabler in your project to come along side you and help you grow, and you’re building the type of world I want to live in, here’s how we might work together.
The specific work I do isn't critical to me. It's the world that work builds that is the focus, so we can get creative with what needs to be done.
🧑🏻🔧 Business Handyman
Focus on what you do best and delegate a specific project or area of your business that needs to see forward movement.
- An SASS Business which needs a Product Manager for a languishing project.
- A CPA needs someone to handle the marketing, client marketing communication, and build the process and systems around working while they focus on bill hour client work.
- A Robotics Startup which needs an outsider to ensure their OKR’s are on track and play the Bad Cop when needed.
- A medical retreat center that finds of all the business details to be a pain. Accounting, permits, marketing, documentation of processes and systems - that's where I come in to assist you.
Highly variable depending on scope of work.
Tinker: $500 / Month
Project Owner: $1,500 / month
Fractional Business Manager: $3,500/ Month
💩 Figure This
Shit Out Coaching
You’re working on a project and you need someone to bounce ideas off of, provide an outside perspective, keep you accountable, keep you focused, and smack you upside the head when you’re acting up.
- A founder needs me to help set priorities and then enforce them.
- A life coach needs me to create a business development strategy.
- A CMO needs me to hold space as we create a data capture and interpretation strategy.
- A freelancer gets overwhelmed and lost and needs me to help them project manage and focus.
- Brainstorm call every month for 60 minutes with recording, transcription, and AI summary, where we follow a set agenda to ensure you are making progress.
- The 5 - a hyper-clear checklist of the next 5 steps you need to take, prioritized from top to bottom.
- Accountability and helpful nagging from a drill sergeant-style coach to enhance your focus.
- I'm not above calling your mother to talk about why you're not getting your work done.
- Shared dashboard to track the critical business numbers, our notes, and your focus list built in Notion.io.
- Answers to the Questions that come up throughout the month when you just need someone to do a double-check on your thoughts.
- Avoid hours of Googling and just ask me the questions. I probably know the answers or have an idea of where to find them.
- Delegate projects you are stuck on to me and my team at an hourly rate.
💻 Hourly Work
Just delegate the work that needs to be done, and I'll take care of it. Build the strategy, update the website, overhaul the bookkeeping system.
- Individual brainstorming session
- Google Ads Overhaul
- Bookkeeping help
- As much or as little as you need to get the project done.
- Business Handyman clients have priority on time, so this isn’t the quickest way to get things done.